AZ Point Logo Opens in new window

AZPOINT, the Arizona Protective Order Initiation and Notification Tool, has been designed to help you fill out a petition for an Order of Protection. Through an interview in AZPOINT, you can quickly and accurately fill out the forms that are needed to request an Order of Protection at an Arizona court. An Order of Protection is a court order that is issued to stop a person from committing domestic violence or from contacting other people protected by the order. The portal will also help you figure out whether you (the plaintiff) and the person from whom you are seeking protection (the defendant) have a qualifying relationship for an Order of Protection. Your information will be saved in AZPOINT for up to 90 days. At any time during this 90-day period, you may take the next step of filing your petition at an Arizona court. Until you file your petition at a court, you will be able to return to AZPOINT to update your information if necessary. You are encouraged to speak to a victim advocate before you file your petition. An advocate can help you make a safety plan and give you more information about how an Order of Protection works and how it will be served on the defendant. 

For more information, click here to go to AZPOINT.


The following are registered bondsman that have complied with Rule 7.1 Rules of Criminal Procedure and are hereby authorized to act as Professional Bondsman in Greenlee County, as provided by law.



    1235 W. SILVERLAKE RD.

    TUCSON, AZ 85713

    Phone: 520.623.1333

    Bondsman:  Rollin M. Pratt


                           Issued: 6/07/2021

                           Expires: 2/28/2025


    1235 W. SILVERLAKE RD.

    TUCSON, AZ 85713

    Phone: 520.623.1333

    Bondsman:  Rollin M. Pratt


                           Issued: 6/07/2021

                           Expires: 2/28/2025


    616 S. 8TH ST. SUITE C

    SAFFORD, AZ 85546

    Phone: 928.428.2678

    Bondsman:  William Daniel


                              Issued: 9/1/2021

                              Expires: 8/31/2025



Greenlee County accepts electronic filings of civil and family law case initiation as well as civil and family law subsequent documents through the eFileAZ and AZTurboCourt eFiling applications.

We are also accepting efiling of subsequent documents through the eFileAZ for criminal, juvenile, probation and probate.

The eFiling applications bring with them the ability to file subsequent cases electronically, attaching more than one lead document per submission, issue summons and subpoenas, and offer additional functionality that will allow for faster filing of court documents.


eFiling Logo-Arizona outline


Effective 11/29/2023




with children


DISSOLUTION without children


to Dissolution


Summary Consent Decree with or without Children








Response to Custody/Paternity


Education Class


Grandparent’s Rights


of Venue to Greenlee


Request for Change of Venue




Guardian/Conservator with cert copy


of Succession with cert copy


Formal Probate with cert copy


Probate with cert copy


Opposing Petition in Testacy




Quiet Title








Petition for O.S.C.




Name Change


of Judgment




of Garnishment


* Certified copy of Writ*


of Venue to Greenlee




of CD $30 & cost of CD $10






Certified Copies




Power of Attorney






of Fee


Parent Termination





Alert triangle in red

If you believe you have been contacted by any individual claiming to be a Jury Commissioner or been the victim of consumer fraud, you may file a consumer complaint online at You can also call 602-542-5763 (Phoenix), 520-628-6648 (Tucson), or toll-free outside of metro Phoenix at 1-800-352-8431.

Term of Jury Service

An average trial usually lasts from two to five days.  If you are qualified to serve as a trial juror, you will be summoned approximately ten (10) days before your appearance date. Do not report until summoned.  Here is what to expect when you are:

Jury Questionnaire

You may receive a juror questionnaire by mail; this questionnaire is NOT a jury summons. Please read the questionnaire carefully before filling it out. These are all important questions which will be used to help qualify you for active jury duty. Complete and return the questionnaire as soon as possible, by mailing to the Clerk of the Court at PO Box 1027, Clifton, AZ 85533.   You can also fill out the questionnaire online.

Reporting Instructions

  • Call 928-865-4242 after 5:00 P.M. the day prior to your report date to see whether you should appear or if your presence is not required due to a postponement or cancellation.
  • Upon your arrival to the Courthouse, please report to the Clerk of the Court’s Office or Bailiff to sign in.

Please do not bring any children under the age of eighteen (18) to court.


If you report after jury service has been cancelled, you will not be paid. It is your responsibility to call the evening before your reporting day.

Failure to report to Court for jury duty as instructed may result in your being brought before the Judge on contempt of court charges.


If you receive a summons and have a conflict, please notify our office at 928-865-4242 immediately.

Juror Pay
Constitutional Right  
Juror Orientation
Juror Compensation


Obtaining a Marriage License

 In order to be legally joined in marriage in the State of Arizona, a couple must first obtain a marriage license from the Office of the Superior Court Clerk in one of the 15 counties across Arizona. Once a marriage license is obtained, it serves as a legal license anywhere in the state of Arizona for 12 months from the date of issuance. The officiator must be legally authorized to perform marriages in the state of Arizona. The following is a list of important information regarding the marriage license application process in Greenlee County.

o   The application fee for a marriage license is $83.  This may be paid in the form of cash, credit card, debit card, or money order addressed to the Clerk of the Superior Court. Payment is due at the time of application.

o   Both parties need to be present when applying for a marriage license.

After the ceremony is complete, the license which is signed by the marriage officiator and the parties is to be returned to the Clerk’s Office for recording purposes at:

Greenlee County Clerk
223 5th Street
Clifton AZ 85533

o   The Clerk of the Court does not schedule marriage ceremonies for the courts. To arrange a marriage ceremony, you can contact any of the Churches in the State of Arizona or contact an ordained minister.

o   In Greenlee County, marriage licenses are obtained from the office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, located on the second floor of the Greenlee County Courthouse, at:

Greenlee County Clerk
223 5th Street
Clifton AZ 85533

Regular business hours are:

Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: 928-865-4242

o   Individuals must be 18 years of age in order to apply for a marriage license by their own consent. An individual in the ages of 16 and 17 may receive a marriage license if the person’s prospective spouse is not more than three years older than the person and either: The person is emancipated; or the parent or guardian with custody consents to the marriage.  If the above requirements are not met, the Clerk of the Court’s Office is prohibited from issuing a marriage license to a person under 18 years of age who does not meet these requirements.

o   There is no waiting period or blood test required. The marriage license will be issued the day of application.

Marriage License Copy

To request a copy of a marriage license you will need to contact the Office of the Superior Court Clerk at (928) 865-4242. You should be prepared with names and dates if possible. Marriage records go back as far as the 1900s.

o   The Motor Vehicle Division and the Social Security Office may require a certified copy of the marriage license.  The fee for a certified copy is $30.



Applications for United States passport can be obtained and submitted though the office of the Greenlee County Clerk of the Court. United States Passports are administered through the United States Department of State of the federal government. The Greenlee County Clerk is authorized to receive and submit passport applications. United States Passports are available only to United States citizens or non-citizen nationals. A passport is required for all travel outside of the United States, in order to reflect the bearer’s origin, identity, and nationality.


  • Complete in full the Application for a United States Passport form, available at the office of the Clerk of the Court, or can be downloaded.
  • One passport picture – Must fit the size guidelines given in the application.
  • Passport Fees-English (PDF)
  • Passport Fees-Spanish (PDF)
  • Passport Brochure (PDF)
  • Proof of Citizenship – Individual’s certified birth certificate, or a previous U.S. passport. For individuals born outside the United States, please visit the Government State website / for proper proof of citizenship/identity.
  • Proof of Identity – Photo I.D.; for children under age of 16 both parents or child’s legal guardian(s) must appear with proof of relationship and proof of their own identity.
  • Two forms of payment
    • $35 to the Greenlee County Clerk of the Court, in the form of cash, credit or debit card, cashier’s check, money order
    • Check or money order made out to United States Department of State, for one of the fee amounts. 

Reminder: In addition to the payment for the type of passport you choose from the charts above, the $35 fee to the Greenlee County Clerk of the Court must be paid at the same time in the form described above.

What to Expect

  • If you will be traveling to a country which requires a visa (or permission to visit), you will need to contact the U.S. Department of State to complete that additional process. Please visit the United States Department of State’s website for more information.
  • You will receive your passport within seven to ten weeks from the time of application for the regular processing, and within three to five weeks for the expedited processing.
  • Your certified birth certificate or previous passport will be sent to Passport Services along with the application. It will be returned to you separate from your new passport.

*Passport applications and photos may also be obtained and / or submitted at:

Thatcher Post Office
1122 N Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552

Renew Your Passport By Mail

More Information

For information, questions, and inquiries: Please visit United States Department of State’s website. In addition, you can contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll-free at 877-487-2778 (TDDJ 888-874-7793) or by emailing NPIC. Customer Service Representatives are available:

Monday through Friday
6 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays).
Automated Information is available 24 / 7.

Greenlee County Clerk of the Superior Court

If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you. For more information, contact the court at 928-428-3100 or an attorney.

PayNearMe-1024x268 LogoPay Near Me

Online Payments

For your convenience, the Clerk of the Superior Court’s Office has partnered with a third party to accept online payments. There is a convenience fee charged to use this service so please review nCourts Terms and Conditions for online payments.

You will need the following information for your payment to be processed:

  • Case Number (if available)
  • Date of Birth
  • Full Name (First, Middle, Last)

Superior Court Cases

Please NoteThis is for Greenlee County Superior Court cases only! Please do not attempt to make payments on fines due in any other county or court (NOT for Justice of the Peace Number 1 or Justice of the Peace Number 2). Thank you!

If you are not sure whether your fine is a Greenlee County Superior Court fine or fee, you can check Public Access or contact our office at 928-865-4242

Make a Payment

Payments can be made at:

All Credit Card Logos

Contact Me

field is required
field is required
field is required

Greenlee County Government
253 5th St
Clifton, AZ 85533

Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Greenlee County News & Updates

The latest County news, articles, and resources, delivered to your inbox automatically.

© 2023 Greenlee County . All Rights Reserved | powered by Better IT Services